The Southwest La Plata Library District believes libraries are important because they:
- Provide an educational, cultural and social meeting place for all ages.
- Offer resources for preschoolers to senior citizens, homeschoolers to English language learners.
- Supply books, audio & visual media, activities and programs for free via your library card.
- Provide internet access available to all.
- Maintain collections of local history and stories.
- Build strong & positive connections within our communities.
- Create affordable, accessible, vital community centers for our rural communities.
The Southwest La Plata Library District Board of Trustee’s mission is to oversee the administration and fiscal resources of the Library District. In partnership with Durango School District 9-R, we strive for community participation to support and enrich the Sunnyside and Fort Lewis Mesa communities with educational, social, and cultural opportunities.
We bring together resources, services, and expertise to inspire our residents of all ages to read, explore, ask, and discover. With this goal in mind, our libraries provide books and other materials for learning and enjoyment, encourage reading, supplement learning, and provide access to technology.
Ft. Lewis Mesa Community Library
Call Chris at 970-588-3331 ext. 3802
Sunnyside Community Library
Call Tricia at 970-375-3816
Curbside pickup for both libraries:
10am – 7pm Monday – Friday thru August 20th
Notices of public meetings of the SWLPLD Board of Trustees
can be found at the Official Meeting Announcements Page